Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Green Beginning

Here's to doing something new and different in life! I've always heard that gardening can be therapeutic, not that I need "therapizing" at the moment, but I could use the rejuvenation of a little new adventure. So let meet introduce you to my three little guys. On the left, we have a concoction of three different mystery herbs (the tag listed nine possible herbs they could be without specifying which ones I had) and I'm not good enough with herbs to be able to smell and name. The middle guy, is lemon peppermint, which I did not know even existed nor did I realize I bought "lemon" peppermint. And lastly, is my cactus, which now that I'm introducing my plants, I realize I don't know what this one is either! Well, I guess this is a pretty haphazard beginning to my garden adventure! Let's hope this is not a foreshadowing of my success as a gardener. At least, I'm guaranteed that one will survive. I've heard it's pretty hard to kill a cactus.

1 comment:

  1. lol let us know how their doing through the winter. :)

    I've always wanted to do something like this. I just never got around to doing it. I've always wanted to go to the store, buy a brown onion (not a bad onion, just the brown golden-looking type...idk what the name of those are), get a pot full of soil, and shove the onion into the pot fully submerging the onion in soil. I think that's how you get green onions...

    ReplyDelete